This year, I will try to at least note it down the books I read. Maybe write some brief words and impressions. My main goals are:
- To keep track of it. Sometimes I’m not sure if I read a book already or if I read about the book. More than once I read a book again by mistake with the constant company of a feeling of having read that before (“déjà lu”?). I know there are services and social networks dedicated to track and review books but right now I’m much more inclined to use my blog as an informal and quick way to doing that. I’m not planning to write reviews or summaries. I don’t have much to add to everything that has been already said on and about these books. I do plan to write some raw thoughts about what I just read for my own sake.
- To recommend when due and perhaps receive recommendations. I’m very grateful for all recommendations I have received over the years. It’s been a great way to add some randomness and sometimes unexpected surprises to my informational intake. I try to be open-minded these suggestions, although it may take years to read them. So by having these notes open here I hope to help recommend some of these books.
- To encourage myself and others on reading good books. I dislike when reading books is praised as something good by itself. You have to check the “nutritional” value of what you consume, including media and books.
These were the books I read in 2024 so far:
- The Motorcycle Diaries by Ernesto “Che” Guevara.
- What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions by Randall Munroe
- No Dream Is Too High: Life Lessons From a Man Who Walked on the Moon by Buzz Aldrin